Fearlessly live...don't fearfully exist!



When we wake up every day we have an opportunity to change the world. May sound cliche but we truly do! Inside of all of us is an unquenchable passion, an endless abyss of energy, and, often an untapped source of "inner fuel".

What motivates you? Faith? Family? A charity close to your heart? A dream not yet fulfilled?

Once you discover what intrinsically motivates you, you'll tap into an abundant source of energy that will not only help you maintain momentum and sustain optimism...it will bring you to new levels of satisfaction...whether it be personally, professionally, or spiritually.

We got one go around on this roller coaster of life...are you going to ride with your eyes closed clinging to safety? Or are you going to embrace the moments with arms raised, eyes wide open...screaming your lungs out?


Fearlessly live...don't fearfully exist!

-- Read, enjoy, and please share! Tiffany


Thursday, July 21, 2011

Changing your perspective

Recently, there was a time where I had gotten to the point in which I would rarely read a newspaper, or watch the news.  It was just too depressing and my mind would run in a million different directions.   But then, strangely, I found myself to be un-informed, not being able to engage in many conversations regarding current events...and I was quickly becoming naive and somewhat isolated in my knowledge of the world's goings-ons.

I started turning the news on, checking online updates, and reading the paper at work.  The turmoil of the world continued but somehow my break from "media" reality had given me a different perspective.  The daily dose of dire news wasn't overwhelming....and what I found was, that amidst chaos there was surprisingly a lot of good going on in the world.  Destroyed towns being rebuilt after the latest natural disaster, communities banning together for a sick child, food banks popping up in economically challenged neighborhoods, life long sports dreams played out on the big stage...good stuff.

Maybe I was more pessimistic and fearful a few years back...when the news would put me in "pull the sheets over my head" mode and I would helicopter-mom my children, not ever letting them out of my sight.  Somehow, through all of the trials I have endured as of late, optimism has crept in and planted itself sturdy within me.  I can flip through a newspaper plagued with tragedy and find the good story, the uplifting moment that will propel me forward and continue to feed this newfound optimism.  Is an ongoing positive attitude truly about changing your perspective?

The definition of an optimistic person is to be hopeful and confident about the future; to be one who usually expects a favorable outcome.  Helen Keller, born blind and deaf, proclaimed "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.  Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."

Changing your life's perspective can not just only improve your life, but the lives of those around you.  A spirit of hope and confidence can be contagious, and you'll be amazed at the effects that a changed attitude can have on others...and ultimately on you.

1 comment:

  1. love it and love you! this newest venture is great - proud of you for sharing yourself and God's gifts He's bestowed upon you!

    ReplyDelete